Sign in to follow this  
ROMAN ZHAMALETDINOV

FACE displacement animation

Hello for every one! Anybody knows is it real to animate face displacement in C4D like in Maya?

I have a model from Zbrush with blend shapes. I made a transition between emotions by PoseMorph,but it's just an animation for mesh not for displacement map.

How i can do it?

Edited by Cerbera
Fixed spelling in keywords

What render engine are you using?  I use Redshift I I do this by using a Displacement Blender node, and have this driven by the morph slider which is a simple espresso set up.  The range mapper is the key to driving one morph one while another off by using opposite values in the output field.  Its the case as to what render enging your using and finding a simular set up.

Dan

redshift displace blend.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Rectro, thaks you a lot!!!😀

Its really important information for me. I'm using redshift too

I have a little question how to transfer blend weight in xpresso i tried to drag and drop parameter but it doesn't work 

image.png

26 minutes ago, ROMAN ZHAMALETDINOV said:

Rectro, thaks you a lot!!!😀

Its really important information for me. I'm using redshift too

I have a little question how to transfer blend weight in xpresso i tried to drag and drop parameter but it doesn't work 

image.png

Yes I found that, its a pain.  You have to right click on pose morph slider set it as Driver in Expreso menu.  Then go into blend node and right click and set as driven abs.  From this a expresso will be made.  Do the same for the other blends and cut and past them into a single expresso.  Iv yet to find out to access these via node space as the inputs dont show from the material.

Dan

I did some digging this is the other way to control data in Redshift from expresso.