Sign in to follow this  
unbelievable

S22 Viewport flickering

I've just upgraded to S22 because I need to do some glTF ecporting and I know this has been much improved.

However, I'm now getting flickering when doing anything in the viewport. I've tried reopening the app with CTRL and shift held down, minimising the viewport settings to the minimum settings however it's still happening.

Has anyone else had this on S22 and found a fix? Searching around on the internet it seems to have been a fairly common problem with various fixes however none seem to work for me. I'm on an old mac, running the latest OS it's capable of (10.13.6, the minimum required for S22). I know getting a newer machine would work, but my old workhorse performed fine with R21.

Any help much appreciated.

PS. Just noticed when I click on a nurb in the objects panel the viewport goes black, then when I click another nurb it reappears and so on. Very strange...

Hey,

I've found in the last version or two that I've had some viewport problems, things like windows going black, flickering when resizing windows… One thing that I think caused problems was running a dual screen setup where one screen was Retina and the other wasn't… I'm running the same OS as you, so I've been putting it down to old screen drivers, but I'm not 100% sure if that's true or not… Generally I can't say I've been noticing problems in S22 with one exception which is that the Picture Viewer is very laggy and unresponsive regardless of how big or small the render or image is that it's displaying. Do you have that too?

• Topic Author
  • 28 minutes ago, benek said:

Generally I can't say I've been noticing problems in S22 with one exception which is that the Picture Viewer is very laggy and unresponsive regardless of how big or small the render or image is that it's displaying. Do you have that too?

I've had to go back to R21 becuase I was having so many display issues. I'm not doing something where I need the Picture Viewer at the moment so I didn't get a chance to work with that. I did make the mistake of doing a quick Render View which totally ruined my workflow. It rendered ok in the viewport but when I then moved my scene, the screen flickered between the scene I was moving around in and the render I had just done. i.e. flickering very fast. Very offputting and totally unusable tbh. Hope there's a fix or a solution soon.