KLie

How to pixeling a 3d character like the video ?

Hi guys !

I'm working on a project video and I have a problem, my 3D character have a better quality than my video, so I want to pixelize my 3D character for more realism.

Can you help me please ? 🙂

(Sorry for my english, I'm a french guys, I'm not the best for write in english :/)

Edited by Cerbera
Moved to correct section / removed irrelevant tags

Please complete your profile to at minimum show which version of Cinema you are using. We can't really help unless we have that information.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Okay, I make that after this comment, I use C4D R20 Studio.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:05 AM, KLie said:

Hi guys !

I'm working on a project video and I have a problem, my 3D character have a better quality than my video, so I want to pixelize my 3D character for more realism.

Can you help me please ? 🙂

(Sorry for my english, I'm a french guys, I'm not the best for write in english :/)

Do you have an example of the problem, and what you want to achieve? 
    Not sure I understood 😞

• Topic Author
  • I have a video, and I have a 3d character animated, I'm done.

But the problem is the video is pixelizing but my character is very sharp compared with my video.

So I want to know how I can pixelizing my character (maybe with the texture of it, or something else).

Can you help me, now ? 🙂

You could render it out at too low a resolution and then upscale and composite it back in at the post stage ?

I don't think there is anything you can do in Cinema itself with a material or via modelling that will address that problem. The answer will almost certainly be achieved in Post.

CBR

On 5/24/2020 at 11:55 AM, KLie said:

I have a video, and I have a 3d character animated, I'm done.

But the problem is the video is pixelizing but my character is very sharp compared with my video.

So I want to know how I can pixelizing my character (maybe with the texture of it, or something else).

Can you help me, now ? 🙂

I am still a bit confused to what you are asking... 
    but is this the effect you want to achieve?
    PS: made this in C4D

• Topic Author
  • I'm not sure I understand what you mean 😕

https://youtu.be/ccDp9YLyzFI

This is my video, I hope that more clear for you..

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, FLima said:

I am still a bit confused to what you are asking... 
    but is this the effect you want to achieve?
    PS: made this in C4D

No ! see the youtube video, it's my own video and after you see it I thing taht more clear for you ! I hope so ahah

Oh sorry, just saw it now!
    Yeah, it is what Cerbera said, this is a post-production thing.. there are several ways you could improve the integration between the character and your scene. The first thing that occurs to me is the shadow, separate the shadow passes... 
    your scene, has shadows with more blue tint.. and your character has a pure black shadow.

Your character is also underneath the tree, which is under the light. You can see some of the shadows on the ground from the leaves, but it is not on your character. That also breaks a bit of the realism. 

I think if you can fix those things... change the colours of the character with some RGB curves in After Effects, add some grain, you will reach a nicer result.!

Good luck!