FasonJerry

Doing Almost Anything Will Cause C4D to Freeze?

Hello!  I've recently had a weird issue where clicking on any new feature (the one's that are highlighted as new) will cause the application to freeze, has anyone heard of this?

I can't check my preferences, edit render settings, extrude, and way more because they're all highlighted as new.  I can't even disable the "highlight new features" option in the start-up dialog because that freezes it, too.  

I've tried reinstalling S22, downloading R21, updating my graphics driver, updating windows, and nothing's seemed to work.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

That is a really bizarre problem, which I have not heard of before... but I think MAXON would very much want to know about that. Have you done a support ticket about this ? And has anything changed about your system in the last week ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Yes I submitted a ticket a few days ago.  And to answer your other question, nothing's changed about my PC in quite a while (I only downloaded the driver updates, windows updates, etc in hopes of fixing this issue).

There has been a windows update in that time hasn't there ? Although my S22 still works after doing it, that is no guarantee that it didn't break anyone else's system... could there have been a chipset driver that changed or was updated and is now causing your issue ? But I think we are going to have to wait for MAXON - pls do post what they get back to you with...

CBR