Sign in to follow this  
daniyalq

MY Downloaded Model only showing strange orange color

This is my first post on this forum and I just have started self-learning C4d. After spending few weeks on this software. I downloaded a model, first it pop-up error that "V-Ray plugin was missing" then I installed VRay plugin but still when I am trying to render it with VRAY render in settings it shows wash out colors and when I try to render it with standard render setting it shows only strange orange color on model. 

This is the link to that free model which I am working on (must check please):

https://c4ddownload.com/free-c4d-lamborghini-gallardo-3d-model/

please help.......detailed answer is really really appreciated

please pardon me if my question is too dumb to answer, I really am a beginner to this.  

Without Render in View port

image.thumb.png.8d986015a32c33f9cc927f7577c7d68d.png

VRAY Render setting

2.thumb.png.f547686f7ed0fe9976ca037fc24e07b5.png

Standard Render

image.thumb.png.f4b96f3e14c37e83035c05cdbe34ce3d.png

Website rendered preview screenshots (from where I downloaded model)

image.png.3b243090d63d2c4af370282108d3b64e.png

Vray and the standard C4D renderer are not compatible. If you try to render Vray materials on a model using the standard renderer, it will often show up as orange. If you don't want to use Vray, you will have to go through the model and replace all of the Vray materials with the standard materials.

The reason why the render looks washed out is because there are no lights in the scene. Whoever put that file together did not include the lighting setup that it shown in the renders (the sunlight). If you go into the Vray settings, in the environment tab, you'll notice that it is set to a light blue color (see attached image). This means that a light shade of blue will be applied globally. That is the only light being emitted in the scene. This is why your image is washed out. Normally the environment is set to black.

If you want to render a sunset type image, you'll need to add a Physical Sun + Sky object and make the proper adjustments to it.

environment.png

thank you very much vilandra that you downloaded the model and shown where I lack. I know have another issue. I wanted this model to be in green background, so I can later add it in my video project. When I use the lights the part of the floor just lit up and rest disappears. I know its concerned with compositing layer but I don't know why is it not working in VRAY lighting setup or on this model.

Added composting layer on floor but still not working

compositing.thumb.png.85cbd943c92fe364b3dc04918a240d54.png

You are using spotlights, these will only illuminate the area hit by the light cone. Use a different light type or change the light cone angle.

Anyway, instead of a "greenscreen" floor for compositing, you may want to use alpha channel and shadowcatcher.

Is there any specific reason why you wanted it to be on a green background? Were you wanting to key out the green? If so, there is no need to do that. You can render out the image with an alpha channel. I do this often. Just render it as a PNG and make sure alpha is enabled. See attached images for how to do that.

comptag.png

png.png

Thank you Vilandra but I have animation for this model, so the file will be a video file (MP4) and as far as I know MP4 doesn't support alpha channel. What should I do here?

Render it as a PNG sequence. Then you can import that sequence into your video editor. I use Adobe After Effects and Premiere. Make sure your fps rate is correct before you render. The animation will render as an image sequence, and it will have the alpha channel already embedded in the images.

Thank you very, that's exactly what I was looking for.

This threat is closed now