Sign in to follow this  
tuuluuwag

Transparency in Material

I have a 'floor' with a standard blue material on it. In the center of the floor is an image of a truck. Below the truck - on the floor - i need a logo. I made a new material with an Alpha mask on it to cut away the white corners of the logo (even though there is no white in the corners of the PSD itself). The logo material is stacked on top of the blue floor material. 

The problem I am having is that I want the logo material to be about 20% visible on the blue floor. I have tried adding a transparency layer - but that lets the white of the logo material creep back into the floor. 

Is there a way to successfully have a PSD with an alpha layer only 20% visible without having the white background show through?

Thanks!

You could put that Alpha in a Layer Shader, add a Color Shader with pure white on top of it, set it to 80% and subtract. That should do the trick, since it can't get darker than black and the white (visible pixels) will be 80% less white.

2 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

You could put that Alpha in a Layer Shader, add a Color Shader with pure white on top of it, set it to 80% and subtract. That should do the trick, since it can't get darker than black and the white (visible pixels) will be 80% less white.

Interesting. Ok, Will give this a go to verify!! Thanks for the response!

So i gave that a shot - am I am most likely layering wrong somehow, but as you can see in the attached image, I am still getting the white section around the image (its a circular logo)

Any insight into my lack of knowledge?

Thanks

Final.jpg

21 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

That is... interesting. Can you attach the scene file?

The file is pretty massive. I have a super large detailed truck inside. 

You think its worth sending?

You can just reduce the file to the necessary elements. I don't think we need the truck 😛

2 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

You can just reduce the file to the necessary elements. I don't think we need the truck 😛

🤦‍♂️ Not sure why my brain couldn't have figured that out.. 

File attached!

Viking Cives 1 - RESOLVE.c4d

You should include the textures as well, otherwise we can't really work with the project 😉

Easily done with this option...

4bodkQv05o.thumb.png.3c108b60b464f87afb99e62445f37edd.png

This is where (as you can see) i fail at asking for help. However, that alone has helped me for the future! Thanks again 

posted it to my dropbox.. there are a few files in my textures folder that I have yet to clean out.. but for now I leave them in.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgslwnw2s1skuy0/AAD0OTfae3ZvDKqD_Pn1aNlza?dl=0

Thanks!