Sign in to follow this  
aznhexaj

Hi from Australia + Loop cut problem

Hi there all! I've just recently started Cinema4D this month. It's been amazing and there are so many things to learn. I ran into my first problem while trying to model something, was wondering if anyone would help resolve this issue. I tried loop cutting a shape and it wouldnt cut the front but one the top. I've tried optimising it but the problem remains the same.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!! 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.51.37 am.png

The loop cut has a few options. Have you tried disabling some of them? Sometimes the cut will not continue if it comes across an N-gon or pole.cut.thumb.png.034675ff0cadb63dd6d4651d26a987f8.png

16 minutes ago, Vilandra said:

The loop cut has a few options. Have you tried disabling some of them? Sometimes the cut will not continue if it comes across an N-gon or pole.cut.thumb.png.034675ff0cadb63dd6d4651d26a987f8.png

Omg, it worked. Thank you for the quick reply and for helping the new kid in town! Much appreciate it 🙂 Have an amazing day!

It is worth remembering that a lot of the poly modelling tools work predictably when working with legal topology. Allowing ngons in your meshes, which is generally speaking bad practice anyway, adds a degree of unpredictability to poly tools, and in some cases prevents them working...

CBR

42 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

It is worth remembering that a lot of the poly modelling tools work predictably when working with legal topology. Allowing ngons in your meshes, which is generally speaking bad practice anyway, adds a degree of unpredictability to poly tools, and in some cases prevents them working...

CBR

Thanks for clarifying, would you have solved my initial problem in any other way? Not using ngons?

I don't know what your initial problem was ! But it is possible to model everything without ngons, and it would be possible to cut this mesh all the way through despite them using Plane cut or Line cut, which are both tools that that are designed to accommodate ngon editing..

CBR

11 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I don't know what your initial problem was ! But it is possible to model everything without ngons, and it would be possible to cut this mesh all the way through despite them using Plane cut or Line cut, which are both tools that that are designed to accommodate ngon editing..

CBR

Was trying to vertically loop cut the front of my object but it kept cutting on the parts. Good information, will keep note thanks!! 😄