Sign in to follow this  
HelloHaruko

Sketch and Toon Raytraced Hard Shadow Fragments? Help please!

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a little illustration with Sketch and Toon that uses an Infinite Light with Raytraced Hard shadows and I'm getting these shadow fragments all over the place. It's even happening on default cylinder and sphere shapes. Is there anyway to fix this? 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 6.52.55 PM.png

We can't say until we know what is causing them, and we can't know that until you upload your scene file !

CBR

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

We can't say until we know what is causing them, and we can't know that until you upload your scene file !

CBR

Okay! Here's the file!

c4dcafe.c4d

I just took a look at it. Really, really weird. It's definitely coming from the Cel Shader. If you render with default materials it's all fine. Shadow Maps work fine as well. It looks like the Cel Shader has issues with very flat angles towards the lightsource but only if shadows are enabled.

I'm not sure, but could this be a bug?

20 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

I just took a look at it. Really, really weird. It's definitely coming from the Cel Shader. If you render with default materials it's all fine. Shadow Maps work fine as well. It looks like the Cel Shader has issues with very flat angles towards the lightsource but only if shadows are enabled.

I'm not sure, but could this be a bug?

Yeah it's strange, right? Such a bummer, I really like the way it looks and I wanted to animate it.

Thank you for taking the time to check out the file! I really appreciate it 🙂