Sign in to follow this  
candlerender

How to fix a joint object in some coord for a full scene?

Hey guys,

This is a question that is probably silly, but that is holding me back at the moment:

Situation: I located a joint object (a character and his children) in a certain position / coordinate, and I had to make an animation to get a cloth to fall on the character to make the scene . Obviously, from the second quadrant onwards, the object's body returned to its original position.

What I tried: copy all the coordinates of the character to a frame in front of the drop of the cloth. Didnt work. The character only appears in the first frame and in the chosen frame, in the rest it returns to the point of origin.

With that, my question is: how to transform the object's coordinates in a keyframe as origin for all the other frames?

(I thought about simulating the cloth falling on the object and then moving it to the desired position, but that would not work if I want to make an animation with the character, for example)

Thank you for your attention!

Can you maybe upload a scene file and describe what you want to happen? That way we don't have to abstract through your request 🙂

1 hour ago, Hrvoje said:

Can you maybe upload a scene file and describe what you want to happen? That way we don't have to abstract through your request 🙂

Okay, to put it simply, I created this new scene. I moved the mixamo hips and his arms to a new position. I just want the character to remain in that position in the following frames, that is, if possible, to make that position fixed for the entire animation. I imagine it is a simple thing to do, but I couldn't find the answer.

sample.c4d

You have to remove keyframes on those objects for entire animation and set new one. Open the timeline (windows / timeline) and there you can find the animation track for each object and keyframes that it has. Then simply delete the ones you don't need and add new ones.

9 hours ago, Hrvoje said:

You have to remove keyframes on those objects for entire animation and set new one. Open the timeline (windows / timeline) and there you can find the animation track for each object and keyframes that it has. Then simply delete the ones you don't need and add new ones.

Nice!!! I did it!! Thank you very much! <33