Sign in to follow this  
Franciscoxp

VrayBridge - Powershader Info

With Vray DR standalone I must use the vray Powershader the problem cannot find Info about these shaders from vray? I'm sure some of these are really useful but whitout some tutorial or information is hard to understand them...For example Where i can find one similar to Layer and with the Effect and transform?? or one with Filter. Those are really simply to use in C4D.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 11.02.01.png

In the Power Shader you will find all kinds of different options for shaders in a dropdown menu. The Power Shader is basically a single shader that contains a lot of different shaders.

If you just want to load a texture use the "V-Ray AdvBitmap" at the very top.

The Layer equivalent to the C4D Layer Shader is called V-Ray layered shader

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Thank so much DasFrodo to reply. 

I'm quite familiar with this dropdown menu. so for the Layersahder is---> Powershader__v-Ray shader__Mix/Layering__Layered.  

But for example were is the option to turn the bitmap 90°? Or another thing, in C4D I used a lot C4D shader Fresnel, but in V-ray powershader seems the falloff is the one equivalent to the Fresnel from C4D. Is this correct?

I really need a list with C4D shaders are equally (or more or less) to Vray-shaders 😉

I already went to see if chaosgroup have anything, also i saw in the Forum from C4Dvray, or in the Manual for vrayforc4d...but nothing. 

Just now, Franciscoxp said:

Thank so much DasFrodo to reply. 

I'm quite familiar with this dropdown menu. so for the Layersahder is---> Powershader__v-Ray shader__Mix/Layering__Layered.  

But for example were is the option to turn the bitmap 90°? Or another thing, in C4D I used a lot C4D shader Fresnel, but in V-ray powershader seems the falloff is the one equivalent to the Fresnel from C4D. Is this correct?

I really need a list with C4D shaders are equally (or more or less) to Vray-shaders 😉

I already went to see if chaosgroup have anything, also i saw in the Forum from C4Dvray, or in the Manual for vrayforc4d...but nothing. 

Well, V-Ray in C4D is kind of a half baked thing unfortunately, at least the ones that were not done by ChaosGroup. I don't know when those will be available or if they are already.

What you can do is either look into the overall V-Ray documentation (because they are the same render engine just in a different host software) or just use the V-Ray4C4D documentation.

Maybe such a list exists, but I don't know of any. Different render engine means learning stuff again, no render engine is the same and just because C4D has stuff doesn't mean that other renders have the same 😉