Sign in to follow this  
RabbitCastro

How could I model a mop?

Hi there. I'm a new user using this site, and as I watched, I think you can solve this little problem: I want to model a mop that interacts with the floor.

The thing is that it became hard to me, since I can not understand so much the "Hair Object" and I'm failing a lot. Is there an easy way or explanation to model the mop? Thanks

Well, 3D at anything past the basic levels IS hard, so this will take a little effort to achieve, but it is well possible, and well within the program's capabilities.

You need to show us a picture of what kind of mop you are modelling, because if it's a standard type, then hair won't be suitable for this, because each strand is in fact a loop. Whereas if it is another type that might be OK. But hair to hair collider collision is not the most robust thing in the world (or the program!) so that may not be the way to go in any case.

So, the handle and head of the mop are both easily tackled with either standard poly modelling or a great variety of other methods, but it's all pretty simple stuff. The mop bit remains the real challenge here, and I don't feel I can really advise correctly about that until I can see the type of mop you mean...

CBR

That doesn't help. I need a photo that clearly shows what sort of mop head is going on this.

CBR