Sign in to follow this  
Emerald Sand

Recrystallization Animation - Voronoi Fracture

Hello C4D experts!

I need some help in re-creating this Recrystallization animation.

How can I achieve this? I understand that I need to use voronoi fracture. I can't seem to figure out the exact setup.

Recrystallization-Animated-Image-Large.g

Would appreciate if anyone provide some help. 

Thank you and appreciate it!

That video upload isn't working for me...

CBR

19 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That video upload isn't working for me...

CBR

That is strange, it works fine on my safari. Are you able to download the video by pressing the 3 dots? 

Yes. But having done that I am not the person to answer this I'm afraid...

CBR

53 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yes. But having done that I am not the person to answer this I'm afraid...

CBR

I have updated my post with a gif image easier viewing. Thanks for the reply. Hope someone with knowledge in this can help. 

Thank you!

Hello Experts,

After looking at various tutorials online, I have manage to create something using voronoi fracture. It is not perfect or close to my example but it is somewhat close.

But I am experience 1 major problem. I can't seem to get rid of the colour flicker or shift. Some of the fractures are keep shifting colours. How can I fix this? I tried to poke and play around with various settings, but I can't solve it.

I have attached my working file.

Please help. Thank you. Really appreciate it!

P/S: Mods could you move this thread to the Voronoi Fracture. I totally missed the forum section. Apologies. Thank you.

VF_Help.c4d

Is there anyone to help me? No experts in this forum on my issue above?

Thank you and appreciate it.

Your fracture is changing the amount of objects within itself as it animates so inevitably some colours will change as you have them randomised and the index for each element will change as new pieces are added and removed, and pieces are probably colourised using that index no.

Im not sure you can keep the random colours as long as your changing the number of pieces. Not sure how your example was done.

Deck

17 hours ago, deck said:

Your fracture is changing the amount of objects within itself as it animates so inevitably some colours will change as you have them randomised and the index for each element will change as new pieces are added and removed, and pieces are probably colourised using that index no.

Im not sure you can keep the random colours as long as your changing the number of pieces. Not sure how your example was done.

Deck

Actually if you look at my setup, I am using the cloner amount to drive the number of fractures. The number of fractures are fixed. It is random but at same time it is not random. It starts of okay. But the colours keep changing and shifting. It is nothing to do with random colours. If even if I turn it of and enable the colourization of the fractures, it is still the same.

Well the index numbers of the clones are defo changing and that's when the colours change, I imagine the cols are assigned to certain index numbers and as your index numbers are ever changing then so are the colours. As one of your pieces disappears then its index is assigned elsewhere.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 15.22.11.png