Sign in to follow this  
unbelievable

Someone with experience of exporting glTF needed

Hi

I'm working on a project that has a character rig and certain restrictions due to parts of it needing to be called by Three.js. I'm looking to talk to anyone who has experience outputting animated files from C4D to glTF. I'm happy to pay an hourly rate. DM or reply for more details.

My advice is to export to Unity and use the Khronos Group Unity GLTF exporter with animation turned on. The Blender GLTF export is another option. I have not had luck exporting directly out of C4D.

Author of the topic Posted

Thanks so much, I was starting to think I was on my own with this one. I've had a post on the animation board for a few days and it's just tumbleweed. Will look into that then.

No problem. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues. Scene prep is important so try to optimize for Unity before export. Are you familiar with Sketchfab? I use it to test/share/preview client models. 

Author of the topic Posted

Yes, funnily enough we just found this last night and were thinking of giving it a go. You've given me some food for thought now and we have a bit more time  as we've decided to go with a simpler first stage launch then update with animation at a later stage. I will definitely be in touch at some point soon I've no doubt. Would you be interested in helping in an advisory capacity? i.e. We'd be happy to pay you for your help as it might get a bit complex 👍

Sure thing. Send me a PM when you want to discuss the details. 

I am currently building an environment for Mozilla Hubs and also would recommend to use Sketchfab. They just released a plugin version working also with S22.