Sign in to follow this  
TheJimReaper

Increasing the memory C4D uses

Hi guys,

Is the there a way to increase the amount of memory C4D uses when you are working on a project?

I'm working on a lithophane model I've created online and then downloaded but it came with an obscene amount of points and polys and C4D is struggling to handle it.

I don't normally deal with large amounts of points and polys, and if I didn't need to adjust the model I'd be ok, but what should be a 20min job is taking hours as every click of the mouse takes C4D a minute to catch up!

Is there a way to speed things up?

Cheers

Jim

Make sure you disabled Snapping. That always kills selection and movement performance as soon as the scenes get too comlex.

Cheers, that helped a bit.

You could make sure there were no unnecessary tags on it - even a single selection tag is like having another copy of the mesh in memory...

CBR

Make sure not to use any of the shaded view modes that show lines.

On a side node, Cinema 4D, like every other application, only ever uses as much memory as it needs.
Speed improvments either happen by optimizing the task at hand, or by increasing the scarse ressource, in your case mainly CPU speed and to a lower degree GPU speed.