Sign in to follow this  
sound

Wrinkles and Folds

Does someone knows if it is possible to achieve something like the attached image with all the wrinkles and folds with Cloth?

9204A67A-88F9-4102-96A8-2EBF9E073E71.jpeg

Not wrinkles like that, no. I don't know that this sort of thing is possible in Cinema without recourse to modelling / sculpting it manually. Cloth can't do it because it's almost impossible to get folds that straight and tight, and even soft bodies, which are much more capable of a greater range folds and wrinkles also doesn't really fold in that way - its wrinkles are much more suited to soft furnishings and curtains etc. Foil like this, being neither a kind of cloth or paper, and deforming so uniquely and chaotically is something of a singularly difficult problem in 3D in general and C4D by extension... Up the pro end - studios would usually scan such an object if they needed a really high res mesh of it. So for those reasons I think photogrammetry is the way to go here.

CBR

I wonder if you could use something from this technique as a starting point: