Sign in to follow this  
filipstamate

C4D R21 OpenGL Animation Preview

This is probably not Redshift specific, but I stumbled upon this problem when using Redshift. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

So, If I render an OpenGL animation preview using the new Redshift node materials in R21 all show up black.

In the viewport they’re fine. Old Xpresso based materials are also fine in the OpenGL animation preview.

Is there any way to make the node materials work too in the animation preview?

Basically it looks like the animation preview is using the standard/physical node space because when I switch to that all materials are black in the viewport as well. So, can I force the animation preview to use the Redshift node space?

Thank you.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Nobody has any idea?

As I understand it's the same with S22. In fact, that one might be worse since it seems that the viewport quality setting for Xpresso-based Redshift materials doesn't work anymore (changing the viewport texture resolution) and it seems they have issues updating in the viewport. So in S22 I'd be essentially stuck with node-based materials which I can't make show up in the animation preview.

I would have thought that since they bought Redshift the integration will be better, but so far I see it's getting worse.

Question - Are you making this preview by going to [Render -> Make Preview] or do you have a dedicated render setting for Hardware OpenGL?

You might have more luck or control in the latter possibly and rendering it out to picture viewer