Sign in to follow this  
benek

Xpresso AFTER deformers

Just got a scene where I'm trying to calculate the length of a spline after deformation, but I can't seem to get the Xpresso to work after the deformer. I've tried changing the priority order but it doesn't seem to change anything. My spline is attached to some geometry using a surface deformer. I've attached a simple scene, would be grateful if anyone knows the answer. I can create a workaround using a mospline but it's not the most elegant solution.

Untitled 6.c4d

Use xpresso calculating distance between first and last point of spline and for point nodes enable option "Use Deformed Points"

UDP.thumb.png.339de9b45f73327581c1fc7d10ab2dae.png 

@bezoI can see that your example would work … maybe I didn't provide the best example file… Although in my attached C4D I used a straight spline, I'm looking to get this working on curved splines…

My workaround was to create a Mospline set to spline mode and insert my deformed spline into that, and then read the length of the Mospline instead, but it would save that extra step if I could just read the length of the first spline.