Sign in to follow this  
BuddaZero

Redshift Preview Not working

Hey everyone, I just got Redshift and all the previews are black. I even went to preferences and see that "Refresh Material Previews Automatically" is ticked on, so I'm unsure why it not working. When I restart C4D the preview in the materials panel work but not the node editor, and after I make a few adjustments, the materials in the matewrial cease to work, this is only with Redshift.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot (23).png

If you are running the IPR while you're working on the materials they won't refresh. It's either or.

28 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

If you are running the IPR while you're working on the materials they won't refresh. It's either or.

Thats right, thats just what he has going by the screen shot.  The render engine can only render one at a time.

49 minutes ago, BuddaZero said:

Hey everyone, I just got Redshift

When you say "you just got" do you mean literally just got as there is a deal in just 3 days with 30% off?

Dan

1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Thats right, thats just what he has going by the screen shot.  The render engine can only render one at a time.

When you say "you just got" do you mean literally just got as there is a deal in just 3 days with 30% off?

Dan

When I got it last week, 2 days later the 30% deal was announced, so yeah, thanks for putting salt on the wound.

5 minutes ago, BuddaZero said:

When I got it last week, 2 days later the 30% deal was announced, so yeah, thanks for putting salt on the wound.

I mentioned it as maybe they could do something, have you contacted them, dont hurt to ask?

Dan

12 minutes ago, Rectro said:

I mentioned it as maybe they could do something, have you contacted them, dont hurt to ask?

Dan

I just emailed them, good suggestion. Sorry for my attitude. You should have seen my face when I saw the sale 😕

3 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

They don't refresh at all, I just made a new scene, and made a new material, nothing but black on the preview, but if I save and restart, it updates. I'm going to do some troubleshooting and post updates here as I go.

tbh my Redshift materials rarely update either, I've always put it down to one of the quirks/downsides of RS

I've got exactly the same problem! Wasn't like this with the demo version

Same, I save - restart and click the material and goes from black to how it should be.