Understand type of display helper?

Hello friends, I am currently learning C4D. I am using C4D R21. While watching tutorials, I have noticed that my configuration of C4D is displaying some hinting of these blue lines that my instructor’s version does not show. I am aware of how to go into Display and turn on Shading and Lines. I have tried multiple modes, and none of them seem to affect these blue lines that I have. What are they, and can I turn the display of them off? Thanks

diagram1.jpg

These are n-gon lines. If polygon has non-standard pointcount (tris/quads), you could see additional edges how is geometry inside distributed. These poolygons are named n-gons...

NGONlines.thumb.png.0c36767f231438287020e5b6788c4b0c.png

It´s a good helper in case you for example use deformer on this object and can not understand why is not deformed correctly. All deformations will be restricted by these n-gon lines...

1 hour ago, bezo said:

It´s a good helper in case you for example use deformer on this object and can not understand why is not deformed correctly.

Super helpful, I had an idea that was the case, but did not fully understand until you broke it down so perfect. I like to know about how to control it and use it to my favor. For now it is helpful to disable it (at times) while I am following the instructor I am learning from. The blue lines always there can make understanding some of his concepts more difficult. Thanks so much! 🙂