Hello,

Im looking to make a bathtub drain/overflow chain. I've attached an image to show what my end goal is. can anyone link a tutorial if you know of one or give a step by step on adding these spheres to a spline?

Mayitr-1pc-Chrome-Bath-Tub-Drain-Sink-Bathtub-Stopper-Solid-Metal-Waste-Plug-with-Chain-For.jpg_960x960.jpg

Just add a cloner, with a suitably sized sphere primitive as a child of it), change Cloner to object mode, drag the spline into the object field, and make your adjustments from there until you have the right amount of of them along the spline. See manual for various different modes of distribution, but I would guess you want even or count here.

Then you just need some actual thickness to the spline, so put that under a sweep with a very small radius circle or nside spline as the first child of the sweep.

CBR

35 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Just add a cloner, with a suitably sized sphere primitive as a child of it), change Cloner to object mode, drag the spline into the object field, and make your adjustments from there until you have the right amount of of them along the spline. See manual for various different modes of distribution, but I would guess you want even or count here.

Then you just need some actual thickness to the spline, so put that under a sweep with a very small radius circle or nside spline as the first child of the sweep.

CBR

You are a god sent! super easy to follow your directions and it all worked perfectly. Ive used splines a lot but this was a new one for me. thanks for the help!