Sign in to follow this  
Igor

Insydium Sneek Peek of new xpFluidFlip

Admin

Okay....is this from the XP 2021 release program?  

Seriously....there is just so much packed into this update it is amazing.  Personally, I felt that the original FLIP solver was a little clunky (slow, poor collisions, particles leaking out all over the place).  Putting it side by side with the APIC solver in the speed test at 4:47 really drives home the point.  I am thinking that the redone fluid solver is also what is behind all the other advancements like flowfields and the ocean solver.  I would love to see how this works with grains (more speed improvements?).  My excitement level is growing.  After each video I need a cigarette (wink...wink...nod...nod...you know what I mean).  😄

Again, just amazed at Insydium.  With each new release I keep thinking "Wow...look at all they have added!  There is no way they can top this release".  But they do...every time.

As they keep topping themselves, maybe I need to raise my expectations.  So here goes:  Is large scale fluid simulations finally within reach?  Do we dare hope for something similar to this in our future?

Dave

Xparticles is one main reason to keep with C4D, it's just amazing what they come up with each release and how they keep improving. I hope the fire and smoke get some loving' as well as I still find that Turbulence FD gives faster easier results. I do mix the two when I need to though! 

5 minutes ago, CApruzzese said:

Xparticles is one main reason to keep with C4D, it's just amazing what they come up with each release and how they keep improving.

Absolutely agree!  Very hard to walk away from all the fluid/VFX awesomeness.

I hope the fire and smoke get some loving' as well as I still find that Turbulence FD gives faster easier results. I do mix the two when I need to though!

Yes. TFD is also easier to use but it really slows down when it has to work with XP...which is a big pain point for me.  But then again, shading XP fire simulations is not as straight forward as TFD and you only get really good results with Cycles 4D.....again another pain point.  Probably the best path for both speed and quality is to cache the VDB file from XP and use Redshift.  But I agree...they should really improve their fire shading such that there is NO reliance on more plugins.  

Dave

I think when the Insydium catches up with the GPU acceleration (they have two GPU architecture developers in their team currently, so I'm quite sure they are working on it) X-Particles might become actually quite usable for fluid and smoke sim in near future

I heard somewhere that the GPU acceleration is on next year's time table for improvements. I bet they have some other work to do getting ready for Apple's new processors as well. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this