Sign in to follow this  
BuddaZero

Turbulence FD Discount

Good question that requires Jawset to answer.  Jawset should allow you to link to a new machine within an existing license.  People do upgrade their hardware and hard drives do fail (I would assume that the MAC address of your hard drive is how your machine is identified to Jawset).  So they have to allow changes.  Question is though....how often.  Usually there is a set number of times you are allowed to link an existing license to a different machine or a set period of time between when you can change that hardware link within an existing license.  Usually, the limit is on the number of times you can change your hardware within an existing license as that is easier to control.

Whatever the control is, Jawset needs to protect themselves against users using a volume license like a floating license...and protect themselves from all the annoying user requests to make those changes.

If you do get an answer, please let us know.

Dave

Author of the topic Posted

I will @3D-Pangel . And also to comment on X-Particles again, one thing I find intimidating is that every where I turn, there's a new new to the new feature of an X particles system, so its like I'm always getting left behind before I even start. I have access to Lynda.com for free thanks to a Library card. Which...if you didn't know, you can get free tuts on Lynda.com if you sign up for a library card. That said, there's a course for X-Particles essentials training, an d when I do that, I'll hop on to the matience training videos, and going from what you said, they seem pretty sweet.

And I know exactly what you mean by leaving him on the TV just to listen to him. To this day when I started as a VFX artist back in college, I still just have Andrew Kramer on the TV while having dinner. He was recently on MAXON showcasing a scene he did with his team. The dude is just awesome.

Hey everyone, so Jawset got back to me this morning about the Licensing. Here's what they said:

you can request a reset of the Volume license via email. It's not 
intended to be used frequently, but definitely when you upgrade your 
hardware.

The Single User License is the middle ground between Volume and 
Floating, as it does bind only to the C4D license, which tends to change 
least often.

--
Jascha Wetzel
Jawset Visual Computing
Munich, Germany

Okay....if you are NOT yet convinced to stick with XP, this should do it:

Honestly....this just blows my mind.  It looks WAY more easier to use than TFD with far better results!

Again, Insydium just kills it!  Unbelievable.

Dave

Alright, you win, and I’m convinced. I’m gonna start learning X particles. Wish me luck!