Sign in to follow this  
StephenKemmy

Priority Issue ? IK Chain popping at start of animation

I have a mechanical robot which I have animated using CMotion.

The legs have an IK chain with no joints where the goals are animated within CMotion.

The eyes have an IK chain with joints and so are binded to the eye joints and have a skin.

However the eyes pop at the start of the animation and when I turn on and off CMotion.

Cmotion object is at the top of the object hierarchy.

I have attached the file here.

Is there a priority issue with the eyes ? Or is there a problem with constraints ? Should I add the eyes to Cmotion and set the Z Position to constant ?

bot.c4d

Hi

It looks to me like its just the Dynamic IK.  You have some adjustment in the advanced tab of the dynamic IK.  Other than the frame update I cant see any issue.  Once you turn off Cmotion and play or scrub the time line once the eyes revert back to bind position.

In case this is your issue here is a thread on the subject https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/topic/67779-dynamic-ik-priority-issue/

Dan

True Dan, because I could not figure out the problem. I thought it might have been an axis issue since the eyes are under a null.

Then I considered the constraints and then if the eyes needed to be inside of cmotion... but since they are under the head in the object hierarchy I thought not.

I noticed the problem only after I had rendered the png sequence and opened it in After Effects and on a cycle preview the eyes were pointing upwards on frame 1 so the effect was a jumpy glitch in the otherwise smooth loop of the animation.

I will look at the dynamic - ik - priority - issue  thread on the subject.

Have read the thread you suggested is my solution then  the character menu > manager > auto redraw command.

I do not want to have goals on the IK chains for the eyes I only want to avail of the IK dynamics so as the created a floppy effect for the eyes.

I did add goals to experiment with the possibility of using the stretch tab of the IK chain tag. But I removed the goals as I only want to eyes to be floppy.

OK So I changed the constraint type toSpring to constrain the  pupils ; which seems to work better in how the pupil is attached to the white tube of the eye.

And I activated Automatic Redraw from the Character Manager tab.

Rendered the png sequence for the 24 frames and then when previewed in After Effects the problem is solved.

Thanks Dan much obliged !

Perfect, glad its now sorted.

Dan