Sign in to follow this  
Igor

Insydium Sneek Peek of new xpExplosiaFX

Admin

I had posted on the last update I was hoping explosion would get some love... I can't wait to try this out! 

Off topic somewhat: I am on the beta program and XP crashes Cinema since the last week or so on my iMac so I had to reinstall a back-up version. I am sure the final release will fix that but it's frustrating not to be able to play with some of the newer features! 

Yes I had the same problem, it turns out that the Beta release expired on the 26th of June, so you can no longer use it. It took me hours to find that out after reinstalling again and again and then contacting customer service.

But the service guy told me they will launch the official version early July, so it won't be long until we can use the new features again 🙂

So what renderer is being used in that Insydium video?  Is it AR or Cycles?

My key question is this: at the start of the video (around 0:40) they show these VERY simple controls for adjusting smoke and fire. Does that level of control work with C4D's native Advanced Render or were they using Cycles 4D?

Just wondering if you still need to export VDB data to Redshift to get that level of real time adjustment.

Hopefully, you lucky beta testers will be able to provide some insight.

Thanks,

Dave

Well, as the beta is no longer accessible, we also have to wait for the final release - but my guess is that the sliders you mention only work for display in the viewport and you will later have to copy these values into your render engine's volume node

Explosia's always been completely unusable for me, running at about 5-6fps on the smallest and most basic scene I can create, so God knows how they made the scene in the demo. FWIW I'm running XP on an 18 core iMac Pro which gets pretty decent pyro performance in Houdini.

That is true, without the GPU acceleration that will only come 2021, it is a damn slow piece of simulation at the moment, same with fluids but not AS bad. But I am very confident that the accelerated GPU speed will match up with TFD and therefore also Houdini. 

Let's see if they will maybe even support multi-GPU, that would be truly great

• Topic Author
  • Admin
    Author of the topic Posted
    24 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Let's see if they will maybe even support multi-GPU, that would be truly great

That would be interesting to see...

Love the pace that they innovate and update. really impressive tech. Wish they would make a new plugin to deal with node based procedural modelling, similar to Houdini

would be awesome

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this