Sign in to follow this  
DoedelDave

Merging multiple lines into one

Admin
1 hour ago, 3D-Pangel said:

You don't need any plugins.  Here is how you do it.

And thats why we love Cinema, right? It not always one way of doing things, usually there is a few ways. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Igor said:

And thats why we love Cinema, right? It not always one way of doing things, usually there is a few ways. 🙂 

Although in this case, there is only one way of doing it, and Dave found it ! 🙂 lols...

But seriously, that is a bit of a hack and slash way of sorting that out. We badly need an optimize command that works for splines, which would be much more elegant. I will suggest this (again, as it is bound to have come up before).

CBR

Admin
7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Although in this case, there is only one way of doing it, and Dave found it ! 🙂 lols...

You had to do this, right? 😁

1 hour ago, Igor said:

You had to do this, right? 😁

Only to make the point I subsequently added 😉

I agree with both you on the points that you are making: 1) That I am brilliant and 2) We need an optimize command for splines!    

...sometimes I crack myself up. 🤣

But given that splines can get wonky (and you would think that is not usually the case), Cerbera has  a valid point.

Dave

Admin

So, just to demonstrate that you can do this in a different way...and the other way would be, simply put Spline under Extrude generator, make it editable, Optimize points and then select an Edge you need for the spline shape, execute Edge to Spline and voila. 😄 

1 hour ago, Igor said:

So, just to demonstrate that you can do this in a different way...and the other way would be, simply put Spline under Extrude generator, make it editable, Optimize points and then select an Edge you need for the spline shape, execute Edge to Spline and voila. 😄 

Nope - that IS the way that Dave suggested !! If you wanna make that point you gotta find another one ! 😉 Lols...

CBR

Admin
6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Nope - that IS the way that Dave suggested !! If you wanna make that point you gotta find another one ! 😉 Lols...

CBR

Well, he used connect generator, so I dont agree. Its similar, but not the same! 😉 

Pfffft 🙂

CBR