Sign in to follow this  
tiCreativeMedia

Sweep object giving me odd results and disappearing when smoothed

Hi,

Check out this file. I've converted a sweep but as you can see when it's put in Volume Builder that I'm getting really odd results. The sphere is appearing as expected. Also if I add a smooth to it, the sweep disappears completely. The only other thing I know to check is normals which I've done and they appear to be pointing in the correct direction

Thanks-

Dave

VBoddity.c4d

Admin

Thats just a visual artifact of the SDF visualization that happens with certian angles of the "surface" to the voxel data (thanks @Fritz for more tehincal explanation)In other words, nothing to worry about, you gonna end up using Volume Mesher in the end which will display your regular mesh as expected. 🙂

That is very much expected behaviour with very thin meshes... so one pivotal mistake has been made here in the construction of the tail bit...

You need something more like a solid cone type shape, not something with thin walls,  the inners of which you won't see anyway...

image.thumb.png.645d7d48c449efb755ef5e060466ff8b.png

CBR

Admin

Its not really a big mistake, you can deal with that inside Volume Meseher Attribute Manager settings, under Object tab and Voxel Range Threshold

VRT: 50%

image.png

VRT: 65%

image.png

Best to use closed mesh, then you should not have those issues.