Sign in to follow this  
Jaee

C4DtoA Transparent Plastic

Hi,  I have tried to render plastic transparent without background and with alpha channel, everything seems to works how should but when I turn off background, plastic is not transparent anymore and it turns to black. I have tried Arnold opaque tag and Transmit AOVs of Arnold Standard Surface but no help. How I can render this without background so I can see the background through it in Photoshop?

Thx

Screenshot (40).png

My guess would be that after turning off the background, your black dark background that Arnold creates is visible through the transparent plastic. So in order to have this be affected by the AOV mask as well, you should try to get an AOV out of the entire ground plane; put a custom AOV tag on the plane, enable transmit AOVs in the plastic shader and render out the custom AOV for the ground plane, then you should be able to composit with that later on

Also, for this to work, leave the groundplane itself visible during rendering the AOV and don't use the alpha for it