Sign in to follow this  
Chieftain

Recording Modelling

Posted (edited)

As I have mentioned in the title, I'm very new to this kind of programs. All I needed was a super simple and easy animation that a polygon would gain volume with time and become a 3d object. I managed to do it a few times, I think by accident, and here is the video: 

Here's how I try to do that: After I create the polygon, I press F9 at the first frame. Then I move to another frame, extrude the polygon, and press F9 again. And everytime, I realize I simultaneously extruded the polygon at the first frame as well. So, as a result, there is no animation.

It's already been 4 hours while I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I have watched videos but still can't. It already began to lead me to existential crisis. Is there somebody who can tell me how to do that?

Edited by Cerbera
Re-titled for future search use

Welcome to the cafe 🙂

Please read our guide how to post on the cafe so we don't do post titles that are useless in later searches...

You need to activate Point Level Animation for this sort of thing, but there are limits to what that can do.

image.png.bbcadac9eb1441e52539a94ca18e7e27.png

You might think this is a simple thing, but actually is anything but - if you think about it, you record a keyframe when there are only say 4 points, and then in the next one there are suddenly double the amount after your extrude, and that may well cause you issues when things get more complex - in general Cinema doesn't like point counts that change during animation.

There are plugins that do this task specifically, and in some cases much better than Cinema alone can do it, for example Nitro mesh, here...

CBR