Sign in to follow this  
MaxWhite

Get visible objects from viewport in commandline

I think problem is C4d is not initialized BaseDraw from Commandline because BaseDraw, PickObject, GetFrame didn't in Gui console. I tried to take BaseDraw.GetSafeFrame () and got 0,0,0,0. Also tried to run the script from Gui, I was able to get GetFrame () when I did BaseDraw.InitializeView (self, doc, cam, editorsv) (but still not the same as the console in Gui). In fact PickObject, GetFrame work well in Gui console.

>>> bd = doc.GetActiveBaseDraw()
>>> print bd
<c4d.BaseDraw object called 'Perspective' with ID 110305 at 0x0000025EA376C6B0>
>>> print bd.GetSafeFrame()
{'cr': 1566, 'ct': 0, 'cb': 845, 'cl': 61}
>>> print bd.GetFrame()
{'cr': 1626, 'ct': 0, 'cb': 845, 'cl': 0}
>>> 

seems to work for me, but this is R21.

I don't actually get your issue, what are you trying to do and why do you need a BaseDraw in the command line...? What script did you run? didn't what in Gui console? Your text seems incomplete...

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    20 minutes ago, Cairyn said:

>>> bd = doc.GetActiveBaseDraw()
    >>> print bd
    <c4d.BaseDraw object called 'Perspective' with ID 110305 at 0x0000025EA376C6B0>
    >>> print bd.GetSafeFrame()
    {'cr': 1566, 'ct': 0, 'cb': 845, 'cl': 61}
    >>> print bd.GetFrame()
    {'cr': 1626, 'ct': 0, 'cb': 845, 'cl': 0}
    >>> 

seems to work for me, but this is R21.

I don't actually get your issue, what are you trying to do and why do you need a BaseDraw in the command line...? What script did you run? didn't what in Gui console? Your text seems incomplete...

I am writing a script that runs the C4d command line ("Commandline.exe" - nogui, etc.) and works in it.The Gui console is the console that is called with shift+F10 in c4d.

5 hours ago, MaxWhite said:

I am writing a script that runs the C4d command line ("Commandline.exe" - nogui, etc.) and works in it.The Gui console is the console that is called with shift+F10 in c4d.

Oh, that commandline. But since it does not have a GUI, I wouldn't expect anything to work that depends on GUI features. If there is no view window, there is no drawing area. I'm actually surprised that GetActiveBaseDraw wouldn't plainly return None under these circumstances, but maybe the object is needed for something internally.

I'd suspect the whole OpenGL environment is not initialized as it normally is with a GUI, and that none of the "interactive" methods will work. But that's something you'd need to ask the developers directly on PluginCafé.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    12 hours ago, Cairyn said:

Oh, that commandline. But since it does not have a GUI, I wouldn't expect anything to work that depends on GUI features. If there is no view window, there is no drawing area. I'm actually surprised that GetActiveBaseDraw wouldn't plainly return None under these circumstances, but maybe the object is needed for something internally.

I'd suspect the whole OpenGL environment is not initialized as it normally is with a GUI, and that none of the "interactive" methods will work. But that's something you'd need to ask the developers directly on PluginCafé.

Code example: 

import os
    import sys

import c4d

def PluginMessage(_id, data):
        if _id == c4d.C4DPL_COMMANDLINEARGS:
        	print sys.argv
            walker()
            return True
        return False

def walker(step_x=5,step_y=5):
            doc = c4d.documents.GetActiveDocument()
            print "Document: {}".format(doc)
            bd = doc.GetRenderBaseDraw()
            print "BaseDraw: {}".format(bd)
            safeframe = bd.GetSafeFrame()
            print "SafeFrame: {}".format(safeframe)

arr_o = []
            for y in range(safeframe['cl'],safeframe['cr'],step_y):
                for x in range(safeframe['ct'],safeframe['cb'],step_x):
                    o = c4d.utils.ViewportSelect.PickObject(bd, doc, x, y, rad=1, flags=c4d.VIEWPORT_PICK_FLAGS_OGL_ONLY_TOPMOST_WITH_OBJ | c4d.VIEWPORT_PICK_FLAGS_OGL_ONLY_VISIBLE)
                    if o:
                        try:
                            arr_o.append(o[0])
                        except IndexError as e:
                            print(e)
            print "Array of objects: {}".format(arr_o)
            return arr_o

Output:

['C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Documents\\1.c4d', '-nogui']
    Document: <c4d.documents.BaseDocument object called '' with ID 110059 at 0x00000
    08ABA5CC3B0>
    BaseDraw: <c4d.BaseDraw object called 'Perspective' with ID 110305 at 0x0000008A
    BA5CC3F0>
    SafeFrame: {'cr': 0, 'ct': 0, 'cb': 0, 'cl': 0}
    Array of objects: []

Cmd command:

C:\Program Files\MAXON\Cinema 4D R20>Commandline.exe "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\1.c4d" -nogui