C4D Cafe

Cinema 4D will not save video with Transparent Background

Hi @briankoko

Thank you so much for your quick reply) I uploaded a screenshot of my project in cinema 4d as well as the the folder that was saved to from cinema 4d, I had it saved to a series of png to make the video background transparent so the pngs are saved to a folder. And then in after effects I imported the first png of the sequence to the composition. If you need anything else let me know. Thank you so much for your help)))

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (28).png

Everyone seems to have missed the obvious question, whats in your background? eg. is there possibly a giant sphere wrapped around your project, blotting out the sky?

If you upload the c4d project we can take a look

• Silver Contributor

That's a good point Mash. There are some issues with a background object or a sky object messing up the alphas. I just noticed the Null object having objects hidden as children. At least open that up so we can see the objects.

Open a single png in photoshop and see if it has transparency. If it does not, it will not work in AE.

Thank you @imashination and @BigAl3D. I have uploaded a my projected below.  It is a basic animation of a paper flying, I hid the bend on the paper so it doesn't show in rendering. There is just the wind under the null object, I have meant to make the wind a child of the null object so I probably accidently made an null object. 

Thank you guys so much for your helps!)

paper.c4d

Hi @Isleofgough

Thank you so much for your reply) Yeah I opened in photoshop it doesn't seem to be working the background appear to be black. I have have another look.

Thank you so much)))