Viewport Refresh Rate

I'm using a 165Hz monitor and in my other 3D programs (Blender, Houdini, etc) the viewport is super smooth with a refresh rate that matches my monitor. My viewport in Cinema 4D looks choppy (around 60 FPS) even though the FPS in my HUD says that it's supposedly running at 200+ FPS on a new file. Is it supposed to be like this or is there a way to fix this?

No, it is not meant to be 'choppy'. I have exactly the same spec machine as you, and mine isn't, certainly not with an empty scene...

I would submit a support ticket to MAXON about this, because I don't know why that is the case with your system and not with mine...

CBR

Are you using a high refresh rate monitor as well? It's not "choppy" but I can tell that it caps at around 60 FPS rather than my monitor's native 165 FPS.

• 1 month later...

Hey, any updates on this?
I'm experiencing the same issue on S22, viewport appears to be capped at 60 fps. In addition to this, I'm experiencing a very annoying half-second input lag on my mouse clicks in a scene that isn't even very dense.