Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

Odd Silence

What Adrien said.

Like Hrvoje i am very much looking forward to the announcement.

I'll be interested to see what people make of the morning session

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Will Mr McGavrans presentation be available for streaming immediately after the presentation?  I have a conflict at that hour.

Yes if this thread started quietly with minimal speculation I imagine it won't be staying that way much longer 🙂

For people in the UK, kick off is at 4.30 this afternoon...

CBR

16 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Will Mr McGavrans presentation be available for streaming immediately after the presentation?  I have a conflict at that hour.

I suppose the crucial content will be posted on every available forum five minutes after. No need to sit through a full presentation. Esp. after last year's.

I'm looking forward to this for sure!

Really interested in the sneak peeks of future products that Dave McGavran will speak about. 

This year I won't be able to watch many of the presentations live but will catch up with them over the weekend.

• Topic Author
    1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Yes if this thread started quietly with minimal speculation I imagine it won't be staying that way much longer 🙂

For people in the UK, kick off is at 4.30 this afternoon...

CBR

Oh...oh.  That sounds ominous.  Do you know something we don't?  It sounds like you are predicting that something will be said at today's presentation that will either raise a lot of questions/debates or be met with a lot of resistance.

I am starting to have  a PTSD flashback to 2019.  Will today's presentation give me another reason to hate 2020?

Dave

5 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

It sounds like you are predicting that something will be said at today's presentation that will either raise a lot of questions/debates or be met with a lot of resistance.

No not at all - I meant only that following any announcement there is lots more to talk about !!

CBR

• Topic Author
    1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

No not at all - I meant only that following any announcement there is lots more to talk about !!

CBR

Good...hopefully it is all positive which is the sense I am getting from Srek and Hrvoje posting about how they are looking forward to today's presentation.  As MAXON employee's, that is a good sign (I don't recall them making similar posts last year.....I am sure that they saw the storm clouds in 2019 when subscriptions were announced).

You must also be happy to finally have the NDA lifted as well.

So let's speculate:  fluids in R22.  I think it will happen.    You can see the ground work being laid by the introduction of fluid fields in R21, the support for openVDB and the volume builder in R20, and the ability to port over some good volumetric shading techniques from Redshift into AR.

That's the extent of my speculation.

Dave

24 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

So let's speculate: 

jay lets go 🙂 

speculation : (to get this thread going 🙂

Considering the planed price increase (perpetual vers. MSA) they will have to have something they would consider worth it for R22 (or how they will call it). My guess is, that the core rewrite now comes to the object manager at last > Faster object handling. Or that they include Redshift. One or both of this news I was expecting for September.  So I am a bit surprised with this event now. I am not shure If we get news like this today:)