Odd Silence

Will Mr McGavrans presentation be available for streaming immediately after the presentation?  I have a conflict at that hour.

Yes if this thread started quietly with minimal speculation I imagine it won't be staying that way much longer 🙂

For people in the UK, kick off is at 4.30 this afternoon...

CBR

16 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Will Mr McGavrans presentation be available for streaming immediately after the presentation?  I have a conflict at that hour.

I suppose the crucial content will be posted on every available forum five minutes after. No need to sit through a full presentation. Esp. after last year's.

• Silver Contributor

I'm looking forward to this for sure!

Really interested in the sneak peeks of future products that Dave McGavran will speak about. 

This year I won't be able to watch many of the presentations live but will catch up with them over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Yes if this thread started quietly with minimal speculation I imagine it won't be staying that way much longer 🙂

For people in the UK, kick off is at 4.30 this afternoon...

CBR

Oh...oh.  That sounds ominous.  Do you know something we don't?  It sounds like you are predicting that something will be said at today's presentation that will either raise a lot of questions/debates or be met with a lot of resistance.

I am starting to have  a PTSD flashback to 2019.  Will today's presentation give me another reason to hate 2020?

Dave

5 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

It sounds like you are predicting that something will be said at today's presentation that will either raise a lot of questions/debates or be met with a lot of resistance.

No not at all - I meant only that following any announcement there is lots more to talk about !!

CBR

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

No not at all - I meant only that following any announcement there is lots more to talk about !!

CBR

Good...hopefully it is all positive which is the sense I am getting from Srek and Hrvoje posting about how they are looking forward to today's presentation.  As MAXON employee's, that is a good sign (I don't recall them making similar posts last year.....I am sure that they saw the storm clouds in 2019 when subscriptions were announced).

You must also be happy to finally have the NDA lifted as well.

So let's speculate:  fluids in R22.  I think it will happen.    You can see the ground work being laid by the introduction of fluid fields in R21, the support for openVDB and the volume builder in R20, and the ability to port over some good volumetric shading techniques from Redshift into AR.

That's the extent of my speculation.

Dave

24 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

So let's speculate: 

jay lets go 🙂 

speculation : (to get this thread going 🙂

Considering the planed price increase (perpetual vers. MSA) they will have to have something they would consider worth it for R22 (or how they will call it). My guess is, that the core rewrite now comes to the object manager at last > Faster object handling. Or that they include Redshift. One or both of this news I was expecting for September.  So I am a bit surprised with this event now. I am not shure If we get news like this today:)

I love surprises!

maybe "I feel lucky" button that make that floating statue in space with some planets, starts and spaceship?

My number 1 wish: redshift included in C4D as the default render engine, free of charge. 
Immediate availability and Compatible with metal for Mac users. 

1 hour ago, Jops said:

jay lets go 🙂 

speculation : (to get this thread going 🙂

Considering the planed price increase (perpetual vers. MSA) they will have to have something they would consider worth it for R22 (or how they will call it). My guess is, that the core rewrite now comes to the object manager at last > Faster object handling. Or that they include Redshift. One or both of this news I was expecting for September.  So I am a bit surprised with this event now. I am not shure If we get news like this today:)

Including Redshift in the perpetual license cost would be ideal....but I doubt it.  But then again, that could explain the 30% discount for Redshift that was just offered.  I took that 30% offer because I honestly believed that Redshift would never be bundled with C4D.  Both are top products in their respective fields, so why be so generous.  Also bundling them in a perpetual license does NOT motivate people to a subscription model.  But if it was bundled, then  how MAXON takes care of existing Redshift license holders will be a big question

[Start PTSD Alert....]

{...MAXON bundling Redshift with C4D may allude to Cebera's earlier post about "speculation" because existing Redshift license holders want to know what they will get out of it.....hmmm.....bundling Redshift with C4D may also explain why the MAXON employees are looking forward to this announcement...the clues are starting to line up......okay...calm down.....calm down.....it will be okay.  Just take a deep breath...it will all be over soon.}

[End PTSD Alert]

I would go with faster object handling...that plays well with my fluid speculation as well...and could point to a whole new particle system being released with the fluid system.

It also may explain why Insydium worked so hard to update Explosia and their xpFLIP in their most recent XP release.  Maybe Insydium is licensing their algorithms to MAXON?  That would never be announced but stranger things have happened in the business world.

Dave

I think Insydium will probably be very careful about keeping their leading C4D particle position, so I would highly doubt that they'd license anything to MAXON at the moment - 

Also I think there are enough areas that have to get done properly before rushing to extremely ambitious new grounds like a new particle system. ~cough~  constraints, motion system, animation layers, hair cache ~cough~ 

What I personally would be most excited about would be an animation layer system where layers are driven procedurally, e.g. by noise

And of course a facial addition to the Mixamo mocap control rig/ advanced biped templates

I feel that eventually Redshift will have to be bundled with C4D, how else would you compete with Autodesk's Arnold that ships with all their DCC apps, or Blender's Cycles. And i also feel that that is MAXON's intention