Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

Odd Silence

So not even MAXON knows where the scene has moved to? Well there is so much training material around that people might just not have to ask questions, but on the other hand there is so much besides that to have a chat about. it may well be that 3d has left its niche and therefore the feeling of community has been lost. But on the other hand I have the impression, that there are some blender forums out there that are very well populated.

We know where the scene has moved, it just isn't as large as it was in the past. If you take into account the followers of high level C4D users on social media i would guess that the numbers are higher than in the past, those people just aren't as active as many forums members were in the past.
Maybe we just came to the point where Cinema 4D has become just one of the standard tools. I don't bother with visiting Photoshop, Office, or forums of other software i use, why should the majority of Cinema 4D users?

So maybe I should have said C4D has left its niche. And blender itself is some sort of community project so its forums are better populated.

So where do I have to go then to find the rest of the scene 🙂  

You will not find the old scene again, but there were never more highly visible C4D users online than today. I have to say i miss the old times a bit, but the new ones aren’t bad either.

Admin

Cafe never had more members than now. Also the amount of daily traffic and unique visitors was never higher than now. As to why more and more people keep in shadows as oppose to being more vocal on forums that is something I don't have an answer too. If I had to guess on off the factors, most of people are simply looking for a solution for a problem they encountered and there are in fact a lot of available solutions on Cafe - so maybe they don't have to ask that much. Aside to that, some members which were very frequent posters went a bit silent in last period. Things will certainly become a lot more busy in September

Today it looks more like a show of and fan thing to me. Therefor I miss the open equality that comes with a forum.

3 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

Cafe never had more members than now. Also the amount of daily traffic and unique visitors was never higher than now. As to why more and more people keep in shadows as oppose to being more vocal on forums that is something I don't have an answer too. If I had to guess on off the factors, most of people are simply looking for a solution for a problem they encountered and there are in fact a lot of available solutions on Cafe - so maybe they don't have to ask that much. Aside to that, some members which were very frequent posters went a bit silent in last period. Things will certainly become a lot more busy in September

good to hear, that the numbers are positive. Maybe the culture in the web is changing over time. And I also can imagine that people find much more answers right away then years ago.

Admin

Cafe have 400 new members every month on average (starting 2020). Unfortunately vast majority just comes, gets the answer or not and then just leave. I tried to figure out over the years why is that and one of the reasons was there is no real content here, except questions and answers. I hope to change that with new video tutorials, downloa, gallery section and new spotlights on the home page, so that at least we have some content that is changing, hopefully that  will make people come back to see if there is anything new. I just wonder what would happen if we would be ever adverstised by Maxon or by us. I still waiting to hear someone mentions cafe on the streams. We are still basically hidden forum but people still manage to find us. Also, if there would be to much people asking I doubt we would be able to help everyone, then it would be way to much. What I hope is to see more new stuff inside gallery and that people actually engage in giving feedback etc.. Thats the area where I am a bit dissapointed. Seems like not many people have time to give away to others, but rather just take and leave. Hope things chage in the future!!

I think that there is a lot of content here in the forum. Maybe it would be a good idea to utilize this. If a thread with a good question gets a good answer you could feature them and make some sort of question and answer area (basically a small tutorial) Copy the thread delete the unimportant answers  and voila. This features could be mirrored to twitter and facebook to get c4dcafe some publicity.

Admin

Those are good ideas, but what people dont understand also is that we are just dudes, with full time jobs and private life. So adding more things to do around Cafe would be simply to much. If someone would like to take over social medias and update them regurarly, I am all for it. 🙂