Sign in to follow this  
3D-Pangel

Odd Silence

I just wish MAXON would make an Indie version of C4D that's a bit more affordable for hobbyists. The affordable cut down editions were great for that (Mograph edition had enough features for me while being significantly cheaper than Studio), but they have been eliminated.

16 hours ago, King of Snake said:

I just wish MAXON would make an Indie version of C4D that's a bit more affordable for hobbyists. The affordable cut down editions were great for that (Mograph edition had enough features for me while being significantly cheaper than Studio), but they have been eliminated.

I really wish they do consider that in the future, an indie version of C4D.
Specially now with Maya Indie arriving worldwide to compete with Blender, MAXON needs to start thinking more of its indie users.

They definitely need. My friend used to teach Cinema 4D and After Effects online and he switched to Blender and have now like a huge amount of students taking his classes, helping spread the word, etc. Specially here with the taxes that we face, low currency conversion and late payment by clients, free or cheaper software is a must.

This Friday Max/Maya Indie will also be available. Full software for $250/year. I just let my Modo maintanence lapse and will probably follow with a combo of Blender and Max. Do I prefer Cinema? Yes ... I always had a love for Cinema, but it's just too expensive.

Houdini Indie is $269 USD a year or $399 for two years rental. if you let if lapse it reverts to Apprentice which is fully functional  except you can't export/import FBX and use 3rd party render