The 3D Motion Show | July Discussion

API for nodes is available to 3D party renderengine developers. I have no idea if and when this finds it way into more common uses.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Basically, yes. The Neutron node system is the basis for all new features going forwards. In its current state though it isn't something most people will want to use directly; it is super powerful but

Really?  Neutron....and not Neutrino?     I mean, which one works better for you?   This one:     Or this:     Honestly, you folks resonat

Although I don't post much these days I check in several times a week. Yeah I watched the Neutron preview and it looks awesome. Had MAXON released this while I was still using C4D I would likely still

Posted Images

Most of this high-end stuff is way over my head and what I do with C4D, but it did look impressive. I thought it very odd to show off Redshift in Maya instead of C4D. Why do that? I know Redshift is available for other apps, but this is a MAXON presentation. Also, as for the new Redshift RT, it was presented as a new feature (I think). Shouldn't that be presented as "Redshift will be way faster in the next upgrade!" Why would anyone ever use a slower setting and not always use the fastest?

Also, someone needs to help out David McGavran's video setup. The man looked a little disheveled, poor quality video, lighting and audio. Call Rick Barrett for help! 😉

38 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

And the taste of the beast was shown to the public. Folks, as said, for R23 it will come in a form of advanced tech demo but don't let that steer you away from using it - it is super fast and powerful with endless possibilities. You can spin millions of objects easily on single consumer gpu. First nodes only, but later high level workflow. This is what the community was waiting for years. With it you can create pretty much anything that pops to your mind such as own constraint, deformer, effector, field, do parametric modelling etc. I had the privilege to work on it and managed to get intimate with it - fun times ahead 🙂

While I still hold out hope for  C4D getting its own fluid module, I also wait for the day when XP adapts to Neutrino.  Will large scale fluids simulations be possible?  Does the compression algorithm of Neutrino extend itself to cache files as well?  While Noseman posted in the comments section that he was playing with a 10 billion polygon file during the presentation, I wonder if Neutrino allows you to cache a 10 billion particle 10 second simulation without having to resort to a RAID array in the 6 Tb range.

Again, still haven't seen the presentation and just going on what the comments are here.  I am proceeding under the assumption that it is "like" Unreal Engine's Nanite in terms of geometry management.

Yes indeed...fun times ahead (ever notice how we all channel 3D-Kiwi when discussing MAXON's direction or future).

Dave

Neutron is designed so that pretty much everything is possible. It is simply a new core in it's first truly visible form to users. It is designed to handle large data sets. For example, even at this relatively early point it can work smoothly in viewport with literally millions of clones. It has extensive node library and dedicated modelling nodes. Unfortunatley I can't draw comparisons between Unreal Engine simply because I have no clue about it 🙂

1 minute ago, Hrvoje said:

Neutron is designed so that pretty much everything is possible. It is simply a new core in it's first truly visible form to users. It is designed to handle large data sets. For example, even at this relatively early point it can work smoothly in viewport with literally millions of clones. It has extensive node library and dedicated modelling nodes. Unfortunatley I can't draw comparisons between Unreal Engine simply because I have no clue about it 🙂

You have been deep into Neutrino as this demo video moved the DCC community into a new orbit.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/a-first-look-at-unreal-engine-5

The ability for real time global illumination on high density meshes is just too amazing to be believed.

Dave

I’ve said this before I really hope this new core, nodes , and Red giant merger and  redshift acquisition are will lead to making a MAXON Compositor.   

13 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

For example, even at this relatively early point it can work smoothly in viewport with literally millions of clones.

I'm not so much in need of clones; can it animate 20 characters with full mocap or manual animation, including layered motion, muscle system, constraints, IK, skin, deformers, xpresso nodes and python tags in at least 25fps?

Also, didn't Mr. McGavran hint at some character animation improvements being announced at the IBC conference (whenever that is).  Again, I came in late and just caught snippets but I thought I heard that.

Dave

• Silver Contributor
2 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Also, didn't Mr. McGavran hint at some character animation improvements being announced at the IBC conference (whenever that is).

Yeah he certainly did mention that IBC will be more announcement of next release of C4D. Looks like that's happening September 11th.

image.thumb.png.c16c35bd6330170283f51630cd1369fc.png

I am very interested in nodes that were shown and viewport performance. looks like r23 is what r18 should have been 😆

is there a list of features for nodes we can check? what makes it a tech demo? is it like an alpha version or what?