choosing the abundance of cloned objects

Hello guys. here is a basic Mo-graph question I guess. is there anyway that we can choose a percentage for these objects? like 5% of cones and 95% spheres. 

image.thumb.png.96e3690bc40068d108de945686c7ac63.png

Thanks

Theres probably a really elegent Xpresso solution for this one, but that's not my bag, here's a simple plain effector swishing between two clones so you can choose how many with the size of falloff etc. its driven by the cloner blend mode and the modify clone parameter in the effector, which switches as soon as it passes 50%, so its set to 100 but limited by the falloff.

The easiest way would be to use a multiple of the % in the cloner, so if you put one sphere in the cloner and nine cones and set the count to 100, you will end up with 10 and 90, bit tricky with 95.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 18.49.19.png

Clone switch effector.c4d

3 hours ago, bezo said:

maybe some kind of stupid way 🙂

Thanks both of you @deck and @bezo

I can use this method for now. but please let me know if you found an update for this 🙂

In the file below if you slide the modify clone option in the step from 50 to 100 it starts to do what you want, the bit I cant fathom is that it won't go less than what looks like half the clones ( 50 ), yet it does as expected for clones 50-100.

A work around seems to be setting the modify at 50 or 49 then moving to the strength and winding that up from 100 to 500-1000 which just about does what you want, but im sure you should be able to do the whole thing with modify slider just cant fathom it only doing half the job.

Maybe someone smarter can tell us, Hjorve would know I reckon.

Deck

Modify clone at less than 50problem.c4d

I think Ive stumbled upon an answer for this, I say stumbled as I don't know the why or how its like this, but it seems if you set the max strength to 0% with min at -100 and then run the modify clone from minus 50 to plus 50, then it seems to bring them all within range.

My previous file had the cloner set to "sort" this one is in "blend", Ive animated the file below so you can see what's going on.

Deck

Modify clone at less than 50 solution 01.c4d

On 7/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, deck said:

I think Ive stumbled upon an answer for this, I say stumbled as I don't know the why or how its like this, but it seems if you set the max strength to 0% with min at -100 and then run the modify clone from minus 50 to plus 50, then it seems to bring them all within range.

My previous file had the cloner set to "sort" this one is in "blend", Ive animated the file below so you can see what's going on.

Deck

Modify clone at less than 50 solution 01.c4d 135.75 kB · 0 downloads

Well that is the answer man. Thanks much for the effort you put for this post 🙂 

18 hours ago, bezo said:

here is version for rough (let´s say "visual" 🙂 ) ratio between clones driven by gradient...

rough_ratio_clones.zip 99.87 kB · 2 downloads

Well, thank you Bezo you really put time on this post. the funny thing was that I opened the file with R19 and I was wondering why the xpresso is not working. then used r21 and it works fine. so old xpresso won't work in r21 and also otherwise? 

It´s could be compatibility issue since fields were introduced in R20 and R19 use standard falloffs. You could recreate it simply in R19 using falloff.