Sign in to follow this  
AndreAnjosAO

Bend Deformer with Secondary Controls Rig (R19)

Hi all,

I'm having an issue rigging a procedural shape where, I want to be able to use a Bend Deformers and control the shape with some secondary controls.

Unfortunately when bending the object, the mesh deforms incorrectly, as per below. Its seems some of the constrained points are changing orientation or there's double transformations happening. I can't see what could be the problem at the minute.

image.thumb.png.feaa2734a24f8e91fad423a567485983.png

Its worth mentioning that I've tried the same setup with the FFD binded to joints and had the same issue.

Also related to the FFD setup, I couldn't drive the Grid Size in the FFD in Xpresso, which feels like a bug to me, so had to put that idea to the side. Unless someone can tell me otherwise :).

At the moment feel like I'm stuck, but I'm sure there will an answer for this.

Thank you very much in advance!

Andre

test_rig.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

I've just had a fresh look into the rig and it seems that the Align Spline Tag is changing the attached objects orientation. This is when the Tangential is enabled to follow the orientation of the curve.

Not sure how to fix this.

Any clues?

Thank you again! 🙂

Andre

What are you actually trying to achieve, I cant quite work out all the different layers in your file. Generally speaking a rail spline will stop the flipping / twisting but I don't think so in this case .

Deck

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Hi Deck,

I'm trying to create a rig where you have userdata parameters controlling the objects size, subdivisons, bend, etc and want to have secondary controls that I can modify the shape of the object with a FFD or Mesh deformer.
    at the minute with the current setup.

I've attached another test with a FFD instead. When you bend the object it shows the double transformation.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

test_rig_FFD_R19.c4d