Sign in to follow this  
BigAl3D

Scale Object Proportionately Using Size Pallete?

Not sure this is the best forum for this question, or if I worded the title clearly. So I have an object (model group) that I pasted into a scene and I want it to be scaled to match another model in the scene. Normally, I'd just scale the thing to match. Problem is, I'm using TeamViewer into the office and the dragging can be problematic many times. Two ideas, I thought there was a tool in C4D that you could click the source object and then click on what you want to match or something to that effect. I can't remember what it was called though.

The other thing would be if I select the object I want to scale and I know the Z scale should be 600, I should be able to lock the proportions and just type 600 in that field. The other dimension would scale accordingly. Is this possible?

Few weeks ago there was a thread with scaling posibilities etc...maybe could help

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Oooh, thanks for that link. The Uniform Resizer looks interesting. I did however, find a couple of other solutions. One of them was a simple match equation. Since I want to go from small to large, it's LARGE SIZE  /  SMALL SIZE  =  Scale Value for X, Y, X of smaller object. Worked perfectly. There is also a relatively simple Xpresso setup which can also be found in this video:  https://lesterbanks.com/2017/08/easily-scale-proportionally-c4d/

Thanks again!

RANT ON:

The lack of this fundamental option is one of my long standing 'favourite' annoyances with C4D : (

No, it's not a big issue doing a bit of division and working out the % scale difference - but It's ******* annoying that we have to! Grrrr!!

RANT OFF

The limitation of uniform resizer is that it can't deal with the 'Size+' of a hierarchy.  Only individual objects.