Sign in to follow this  
natashats

Export animation with pivot point in fbx

I am trying to export animation with motion clip and keyframed pivot point in it, but no matter what I do (bake clips, convert motion clips to keyframed animation) the final fbx result looks wrong. Can you help me?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZAOH5V6-amt-KqdpcQc7cjJdhav6VrO9/view?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 9.47.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 9.48.01 AM.png

Hi, I guess you are using Mocap data? Where is it coming from ? What are your framerate settings for the mocap and the scene itself? Is the overall path of the animation closely followed but limbs going out of place is the problem? Or is the animation completely screwed up after export, like not even close to what is was before?

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    3 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Hi, I guess you are using Mocap data? Where is it coming from ? What are your framerate settings for the mocap and the scene itself? Is the overall path of the animation closely followed but limbs going out of place is the problem? Or is the animation completely screwed up after export, like not even close to what is was before?

I import mixamo animation and after changed it in motion clip by adding animated pivot point. After exporting in fbx the entire animation is screwed up or the pivot piont animation doesn't work correctly.

Does it work if you export as an alembic file? What exactly do you export, everything in the scene or just a part of it (like do you use export selected or the whole scene export)?

• Topic Author
    53 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

Does it work if you export as an alembic file? What exactly do you export, everything in the scene or just a part of it (like do you use export selected or the whole scene export)?

Yes, it works in alembic. But I I don't have an option on mac to import alembic animation to Marvelous Designer. And I can't export from alembic to fbx. 2. I export the entire scene

You can actually import alembics into MD if you just drag it into the window. It's weird that there is no direct import option, but the dragging always works, I exclusively work with alembics on between MD and Cinema. They are far more reliable for simulation than fbx

• Topic Author
    3 hours ago, HippoDasTamus said:

You can actually import alembics into MD if you just drag it into the window. It's weird that there is no direct import option, but the dragging always works, I exclusively work with alembics on between MD and Cinema. They are far more reliable for simulation than fbx

I tried just now, but it didn't work . I received a message, that "this file format is not supported in this version"...

• Topic Author
    23 minutes ago, HippoDasTamus said:

What version of Marvelous Designer are you using?

Hm strange, I had that version as well a while back and mine could read .abc normally.. I don't know if it's a Mac issue. Do you export from Cinema as an Ogawa Alembic?