Search string not working

I've recently upgraded to C4D S22, and it's still as buggy and awful as the previous versions. I'm trying to load a scene I created a while ago, with a load of XRefs, and it seems MAXON STILL haven't sorted out all the bugs related to those. But I digress. I've found that the search box in the Object Manager just doesn't work. Has anyone else noticed this? No matter I type into the <<Enter your search string here>>, it NEVER finds anything. For example, I have a polygon called 'floor'. If I type 'floor', it finds nothing. If I type 'flo' it finds nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some obscure setting I need to click to make this actually work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~ Paul

Can you think of any DCC that contains no bugs ? I can't.

But unable this replicate this issue myself. Which version of S22 is this ? Having just tested it, I can say that in all versions of that search works perfectly for me.

259912048_OMsearch.gif.4a3ac14c366070e8b73221c46708744e.gif

There is nothing you need to specifically turn on to make this active... have you tried the normal things - program restart, system restart, delete prefs folder ? Or it might be a plugin breaking it for example... are you running any ?

CBR