Crash of C4d requires computer restart

Does anyone else experience this? Most of the time when c4d crashes, it won't open again unless the computer is restarted. Is there a little tweak to something I can make in my system to make a restart unecessary?

Generally no - Windows remains solid and 98% of the time I can just restart Cinema. Maybe twice a year I get a system restart required one...

Are you on Mac or PC ?

CBR

• Community Staff
52 minutes ago, adrencg said:

Does anyone else experience this? Most of the time when c4d crashes, it won't open again unless the computer is restarted. Is there a little tweak to something I can make in my system to make a restart unecessary?

I had the same issue with R21. The culprit was an old Wacom Driver that somehow regularly killed C4D in a way that did not allow it to start up again, even though there was no process running, at all. The only solution was a reboot. Probably because the Wacom driver that was causing the trouble started again as well.

Visit my Portfolio on Artstation.com & Follow me on Instagram

1 hour ago, srek said:

If it won’t start then a background process is still running. Check the Taskmanager to kill it.

This. If c4d crashes for whatever reason and appears to be gone, check the task manager anyway, you'll usually find it is still there running, just the UI has vanished. C4D won't run again until you fully kill it.

15 hours ago, adrencg said:

Actually I already kill it in the task manager and it still won't restart. 

I have had that just the once before.

CBR