Sign in to follow this  
cristianomenger

How can I get this great texture result for the super nintendo that I modeled?

Posted (edited)

So, I started in the 3D world this year and it was through Cinema 4D. I finished my first exercise which was to model a Super Nintendo but I have no idea how to get this type of texture for a good render. I got Corona Renderer and the ones that came with C4D. Thank you for your help

snes-closeup-real.jpg

snes-cristiano.jpg

Edited by Cerbera
removed formatting

This is easy to make in any renderer. I shall describe how to do it for physical as this is not in the Corona Category.

You just need a basic grey in the colour channel (pick it directly from any reference photo) a simple reflectance channel (roughness set to around 25% and reflection level at around 40%) with dielectric fresnel (PET) and a simple noise in the bump channel ! Find a real close-up of the texture and then go through the noise types until you find one that closely matches it and scale it correctly. Bear  in mind that materials work in conjunction with lighting, so you will need some of that in the scene to see your bump properly.

You also need something in the scene for reflections to reflect - most people use an HDRI on a sky object for this, optionally hidden from camera with a compositing tag.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted
    1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

This is easy to make in any renderer. I shall describe how to do it for physical as this is not in the Corona Category.

You just need a basic grey in the colour channel (pick it directly from any reference photo) a simple reflectance channel (roughness set to around 25% and reflection level at around 40%) with dielectric fresnel (PET) and a simple noise in the bump channel ! Find a real close-up of the texture and then go through the noise types until you find one that closely matches it and scale it correctly. Bear  in mind that materials work in conjunction with lighting, so you will need some of that in the scene to see your bump properly.

You also need something in the scene for reflections to reflect - most people use an HDRI on a sky object for this, optionally hidden from camera with a compositing tag.

CBR

actually i have corona render installed, how would it be using it? I didn't get a good result with Physical from C4D. Thanks again!

I don't know - I don't have that. It is perfectly possible to create this flawlessly in Physical, so if that is not working you are doing stuff wrong. We can't know what specifically you are doing wrong until you upload a scene file.

Would you like me to move this to the Corona category if you want an answer there ?

CBR