• Silver Contributor

I have been asked to model up these two little static characters. I have never tried making a person before, and the only thing I am definite on is that it will be a lot more tricky than it looks. On the bright side, I am going to go for something pretty stylised and 'rubber hosey', on the negative side, I have no clear idea where to start. Can anyone tell me where they would begin with this? Should I model a T-pose? Should I just dig in from the ground up with these guys posed as they are? 

Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 09.36.12.png

There's no right way since this is a static character. 
But it would be easier to manage a character (both in modelling, rigging, texturing, revisions ) if you do it in its neutral state (T or A Pose). 

• Silver Contributor
On 8/11/2020 at 11:41 AM, Cerbera said:

do you have a these pose-able 3D silhouettes by any chance

No, I am missing those guys. I have got hold of a base mesh I willl use as a starter I think. It is rigged, but looking into it, it's a mixamo rig - are they editable? I think of them as locked down to a certain preset animation. R21 had the mixamo update, didn't it?