Double click files do not open

Hi,
Suddenly in my laptop, doubleclicking a file doesnt open it. I have to go Open> File otherwise I cant.
What might be the case?

I also noticed since i started installing various versions of c4d, i have issues like files open in another version than r20, files delay to open a lot etc. Any thoughts on that too? thanks

Windows 10 pro / c4d R20.

This is not a matter of C4D, but of your Windows 10 settings. Though it may have been messed up by the installation of a C4D version, especially when installing an older after a later version. Anyway, you need to tell Win10 which program to use for a certain type of file. Go to Windows settings -> Standard-Apps -> Standard-Apps by file type (note, I'm on a German Win10 so the names may actually differ a bit). There you need to choose the app to open ".C4D" files with.

Cheers

I have the same problem on Mac: double  clicking on a file opens the online license server. I need to launch C4d first and click on file/open in the menu. 
I use R21. Any idea how to solve  this problem? 

On 8/11/2020 at 8:51 PM, MighT said:

This is not a matter of C4D, but of your Windows 10 settings. Though it may have been messed up by the installation of a C4D version, especially when installing an older after a later version. Anyway, you need to tell Win10 which program to use for a certain type of file. Go to Windows settings -> Standard-Apps -> Standard-Apps by file type (note, I'm on a German Win10 so the names may actually differ a bit). There you need to choose the app to open ".C4D" files with.

Cheers

Thanks . Unfortunately that doesnt solve the double clicking issue 🙂 
So now im a bit scared to keep using 2 c4d versions on my pc.. thing start getting messy, c4d is actually slowing down when opening files.  I really dont know how to tackle this cause i m on r20 and till r22 becomes solid will take few months, but i need to start using it as well for client work.