Gradually increasing the number of cloners

Hi guys. here is a simple setup. 

image.thumb.png.c990c24982107919b54e7e0e37a33665.png

how can we increase number of those cubes gradually along the spline? I could increase the scale using step effector but nothing come to mind about the number of them...

Thanks.

Mograph.c4d

Your profile is showing a different version from what you are using - pls correct that. Also, why haven't you updated to the 3 major service packs for the version you are using ? There are a lots of issues in 20.26 that have since been corrected in updates.

CBR

You could offset / move along an axis some of the ones you have there with a plain effector or similar with a linear falloff. If you randomised the weight before that then it would be a bit more organic. or you could apply weight at sides to make those move up.

Deck

35 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Your profile is showing a different version from what you are using - pls correct that. Also, why haven't you updated to the 3 major service packs for the version you are using ? There are a lots of issues in 20.26 that have since been corrected in updates.

CBR

Well Cerbera we have different versions on different machines in our studio... also did not have time to update them. that is why I sometimes use r20 and sometime r21. I will start updating it. but what do you think about my current issue? thanks @deck but I can not use linear falloff to do as you say. here is a simple example as a question. originally I have a very curved spline so can not use falloffs easily for this purpose... even it is better if we can have a solution to increase them over surface of an object and not a spline 🙂 

I think if I was gonna do that I would go for a setup like this, using as many planes as you want in a connect object and cloning onto that. You could go surface mode and use the seed to juggle things about, but here Ive used poly centre with some random and push apart. This way you can control the No of clones appearing in any given spot with the subdivisions on the planes which gives quite a lot of control over the whole thing.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 15.24.15.png

Adjustable plane cloner 01.c4d

2 minutes ago, deck said:

I think if I was gonna do that I would go for a setup like this, using as many planes as you want in a connect object and cloning onto that. You could go surface mode and use the seed to juggle things about, but here Ive used poly centre with some random and push apart. This way you can control the No of clones appearing in any given spot with the subdivisions on the planes which gives quite a lot of control over the whole thing.

Deck

Adjustable plane cloner 01.c4d 139.98 kB · 0 downloads

Well that is a creative way to do so... but I wonder how C4D did not implement such important obvious things in their setting... 2 weeks ago I was struggling to choose the abundance of cloned objects over a surface and how to have like 10% of specific object and 90% of others over a surface. this increasing clones seems very necessary also. what do you think?

MoGraph you were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy other 3D software, not join them...

Hi Didar

Im not gonna diss mograph at this point, especially as the issue is probably more due to lack of knowledge on both our parts if I may be so bold. Re your last issue concerning percentage of clones, I believe that was solved after coming up with the correct settings.

Theres probably an Xpresso solution whereby you could assign more clones to a given segment of a spline but Im not smart enough for that, in the meantime here is a kind of mad way to do it tho it is quite fun and does remain procedural to a large extent.

Just like Bezos taper and spline wrap above but before doing that you stick the plane in a Moroni fracture and change the source to a shader version and put a grad in there, with this you can control the spread of fracture / segments along the plane. Add more points in the Moroni for more pieces, you can even add in a matrix to cut it up further.

Then clone onto poly centre again as you now have much more polys at one end than the other.

A bit clumsy but might get the job done.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 20.29.19.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 20.14.15.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 20.13.54.png

Adjustable Distribution cloner 01.c4d

1 hour ago, deck said:

Hi Didar

Im not gonna diss mograph at this point, especially as the issue is probably more due to lack of knowledge on both our parts if I may be so bold.

Adjustable Distribution cloner 01.c4d 167.23 kB · 0 downloads

very good use of the Voronoi fracture. thanks, guys @bezo  @deck

about the MoGraph I am a very big fan of it actually. I only chose C4D because of its MoGraph. but recently I am beginning to see lack of some important stuff. maybe I am wrong tho..

of course with some programming and xpresso we might achieve everything but if I guess they can implement some obvious stuff right there where everyone can easily use it  about the knowledge I am sure you and bezo both would know a simple solution if there was. you guys are very experienced in this software