Another kick in the perpetuals - CV Tokens

20 hours ago, hobbyist said:

Worth reaching out to support and requesting access if you want. When my MSA ended there was no mention in my license of Cineversity. It was just they mentioned it during one of the live streams so I asked in the chat there. They said to contact support and they added it a few days later. 

There´s not any official info about opened Cineversity service till the end of year for all perpetual users.

They hold data (related to licence) of all users (perpetual/subscribers), so they know in any time if you have active licence/Cineversity service or not.

Only what is clear for me is MSA users with finished contract has not access to Cineversity...

Maybe Rick could clarify things...

I don´t want to risk they turn off Cineversity for you (as you currently have it) if I ask for Cineversity too and then I´ll stay bad guy for you :-)

• Silver Contributor
5 hours ago, bezo said:

I don´t want to risk they turn off Cineversity for you (as you currently have it) if I ask for Cineversity too and then I´ll stay bad guy for you 🙂

Igor! Delete this entire thread pronto!! 😄

Yeah I just see a blog when it was first announced as a 30 day access. During one of the streams they said it's been extended but yeah I don't see an official release about that.

This is the reply I got from support which was a few months after the blog entry

image.thumb.png.a3ca440618daee89e07884f34e1102e7.png

I asked MAXON about this last week. Their answer is below.

Basically Cineversity access is Subscruption only after the end of the year (as the MSA doesn't exist it cant be renewed). Shame.

"Since Cineversity is tied to the MSA and MAXON's Cinema 4D Subscriptions, your Cineversity expired on the same date.

However, due to the Covid situation, MAXON has decided to give Cineversity subscriptions to all users of Cinema 4D license holders until the end of the year."

• Silver Contributor
1 hour ago, rfanoni said:

Basically Cineversity access is Subscruption only after the end of the year (as the MSA doesn't exist it cant be renewed). Shame.

"Since Cineversity is tied to the MSA and MAXON's Cinema 4D Subscriptions, your Cineversity expired on the same date.

However, due to the Covid situation, MAXON has decided to give Cineversity subscriptions to all users of Cinema 4D license holders until the end of the year."

That's disappointing!

Technically the Covid situation will be around longer than this year though....

2 hours ago, rfanoni said:

That's bullshit. I have a perpetual license, but no Cineversity access at all.

4 hours ago, rfanoni said:

So, what´s the result? Have you now Cineversity or not?

@hobbyist...If they turn off access for you, it was not me! :-)

9 minutes ago, bezo said:

So, what´s the result? Have you now Cineversity or not?

@hobbyist...If they turn off access for you, it was not me! 🙂

For the next few months yes. Then after that. No.

As per the original post,  I am concerned about not being able to re-access some scripts/addons in CV Tools that I consoider essential and should be part of the package. 

I'm not I that bothered about accessing the tutorials etc.

• Silver Contributor
5 minutes ago, bezo said:

@hobbyist...If they turn off access for you, it was not me! 🙂

Don't worry, you're off the hook! 😄

It's bizarre to pay full perpetual price and not have access to the learning resource.

I'd be a bit wary about going onto Ciniversity much knowing it'll be taken away.

LinkedIn Learning is good as they actively update C4D tutorials, Pluralsight haven't updated C4D really in a few years and Greyscalegorilla is too expensive subscription model for a hobbyist tbh.

It's sad that the access to the knowledge is behind so many different pay walls.

• Silver Contributor
10 minutes ago, rfanoni said:

As per the original post,  I am concerned about not being able to re-access some scripts/addons in CV Tools that I consoider essential and should be part of the package. 

I'm not I that bothered about accessing the tutorials etc.

Yeah that'd be very concerning regarding access to scripts and tools if they're essential to your workflow. 

2 hours ago, Cairyn said:

That's bullshit. I have a perpetual license, but no Cineversity access at all.

Please get in contact with MAXON support. In some cases it can happen that the access was not enabled automatically.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:14 PM, MikeA said:

Over recent years with the MSA I've had a Cineversity account. However, I am, and hope to remain, a perpetual licence customer. 

One of the things I've relied on for good organisation within my studio is Cineversity 'CV tokens' for automatic file naming. Having date and time automatically embedded into file names is an important component in my job management - and a basic requirement for a professional level software IMO. Yesterday, 31 August, my final MSA / Cineversity membership expired. I now find I am unable to use CV tokens - "A Cineversity subscription is required to use CV tokens"

I have, this morning written to a MAXON contact to complain about this - in the hope that they might release CV tokens free to all.

This 'Subscribe or else' approach leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth - particularly when it holds back basic functionality like this.

So as the original post stated. Functionality is being removed for perpetual owners in a push to get subscriber money. 

The End.