ProRender With R20 / Titan RTX

Go to solution Solved by DelfePilgrim,

Hello Guys

I'm gonna be brief.

I know ProRender must work on GPU but in my case it ONLY works on CPU. I looked for everywhere, all the settings, MAXON's manuel and forums. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME

My config:

C4D R20.030

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

Nvidia Titan RTX

128Go RAM

See Attached Pictures

P.S. I didn't do any updates recently, I tried to reinstall C4D - no results

But I installed a Trapcode 15 - may it be the pbm?

THANK YOU

Annotation 2020-09-03 191543.jpg

Annotation 2020-09-03 191654.jpg

Annotation 2020-09-03 191803.jpg

Annotation 2020-09-03 193924.jpg

Edited by Cerbera
Re-titled for future search use

It may be that the ProRender in your older version of Cinema isn't compatible with that card. R20 was one of the earliest iterations of that render engine in Cinema, and its implementation was a way off complete. I think you'd have to contact MAXON support directly, or wait for the various MAXON staff that use the cafe to get that confirmed or not. But if it is the case then presumably you would need to upgrade Cinema having got confirmation it works with that card in later versions...

In fact I note you don't even have the latest version of R20 so you are really not helping yourself there.

CBR

The Titan RTX was released in December 2018, while R20 was available two/three months earlier.

GPU render engines are generally not compatible with newer cards until the code is updated to support those. Unfortunately, that probably means that R20 does not support the Titan RTX.

But your post sort-of implies it did work before. Has it ever worked for you?

• Cerbera changed the title to ProRender With R20 / Titan RTX
On 9/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, hvanderwegen said:

The Titan RTX was released in December 2018, while R20 was available two/three months earlier.

GPU render engines are generally not compatible with newer cards until the code is updated to support those. Unfortunately, that probably means that R20 does not support the Titan RTX.

But your post sort-of implies it did work before. Has it ever worked for you?

It seems to me the GPU is used while rendering but really really low, between 6 - 8 %, sometimes more. It shows Video Decode 3% and 3D 5%. I don't know if it's something to do with materials, but I heard it has to be PBR materials. Anyway I tried everything

To test whether your Titan works correctly, I would download Blender and the latest ProRender plugin. Or just Blender and turn on GPU for Cycles, and render. Cycles would use CUDA, while ProRender would test your OpenCL drivers. It would tell you if your Titan card works or not.