Should I invest on CPU or GPU?

My advice is do nothing for a month. In the next month we get the release of geforce 3000, announcement of radeon 6000 and announcement/release of AMD zen 3. Even if you don't buy any new systems, the price of older stuff can suddenly drop. Geforce 2080Ti card prices were cut in half overnight.

1 hour ago, Radud said:

It will still work, but the memory will not be added up.

Can you explain what you mean by saying "it will still work"?  The whole point of Nvlink with Redshift is so the memory adds up, not all of it but most of it.  Multiple cards work without Nvlink but only one cards memory can be access.

Dan

7 hours ago, Rectro said:

Multiple cards work without Nvlink but only one cards memory can be access.

Dan

You're correct, they'll  use just a single card VRAM. Except 3090 which will still have Nvlink.

40 minutes ago, Radud said:

You're correct, they'll  use just a single card VRAM. Except 3090 which will still have Nvlink.

If the 3xxx cards use the same Nvlink tech as the 2080ti then multiple 3090 cards using  Nvlink will have their combine memory for use within Redshift.  Without Nvlink only one lot of memory will be accessible so its not unfortunate that the new cards have Nvlink its an advantage from the point of view where Redshift is concerned.

Dan

I think you misunderstood what I've been saying. ONLY 3090 will have Nvlink, the other cards from the 3xxx series will not support Nvlink, so multilple GPUs will still be supported in Redshift, but without Nvlink the available memory will be limited to a single card VRAM capacity. So that is unfortunate.

30 minutes ago, Radud said:

I think you misunderstood what I've been saying. ONLY 3090 will have Nvlink, the other cards from the 3xxx series will not support Nvlink, so multilple GPUs will still be supported in Redshift, but without Nvlink the available memory will be limited to a single card VRAM capacity. So that is unfortunate.

Gotcha, sorry for confusion. 😊

Dan