Make An Object Emit Light in a Matrix with Sound Effector

zak

I want to create a matrix of blocks( Mograph) and make some of the boxes emit light randomly.

All of which is triggered by a Sound Effector. I have made the setup and the blocks move to the music, but I cannot figure out how to make some blocks randomly glow... Currently using C4D 21.

Something similar to this: (but the light cubes must jump to random positions)

Edited by Cerbera
Moved to correct section

Heres a version that uses 2 cubes inside the cloner, each with a different material. Ive also put the Y position offset in the sound effector to make it clear what is doing what.

The shader effector is driving the weight of the clones using a high contrast noise at a suitable scale for the cube grid, if you raise up the low clip in that noise you get fewer and fewer clones appearing. you can also set the animation speed of noise here.

Ive never used a sound effector but its obviously only moving the clones with 100% weight, which are the same ones being swapped out via the shader effector.

Deck

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 16.09.33.png

Soundswitchcloner02.c4d.zip

Not sure that last one was the right solution and a bit of an illusion maybe tho it did confuse me somewhat. however with a bit of xpresso I think I have it working properly and more logically. In this version Ive copied some expresso from Hjorves tutorial on the sound effector, No19 in mograph demystified series, and we take the strength of the sound from the snd effector and use that to drive the seed in the noise of an otherwise still shader effector, so you can still tweak the amount with the low clip and adjust the noise but now the clone change is driven by the sound strength 

Deck

Soundswitchcloner03.zip

15 hours ago, deck said:

Not sure that last one was the right solution and a bit of an illusion maybe tho it did confuse me somewhat. however with a bit of xpresso I think I have it working properly and more logically. In this version Ive copied some expresso from Hjorves tutorial on the sound effector, No19 in mograph demystified series, and we take the strength of the sound from the snd effector and use that to drive the seed in the noise of an otherwise still shader effector, so you can still tweak the amount with the low clip and adjust the noise but now the clone change is driven by the sound strength 

Deck

Soundswitchcloner03.zip 2.45 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your effort, not that familiar with expresso, but will figure it out! Much appreciated!